Friday, February 2, 2007

Interminable Grin


I felt a little guilty when I clicked the "Blog This" button on Flickr, because I knew this sweet, young couple had posted their wedding pictures up on the web and hadn't really contemplated that some guy would type in "mormon temple bride" in the search engine to discuss the fleeting nature of the wedding "grin." I felt guilty until I realized that most every marriage -- whether it is happy, sad or ended has a picture like this in the wedding album. I think we miss something when these pictures don't fade and yellow with age. Digital pictures are a little too perfect for my tastes.
I must really be a cynic, because I see the fights and pain that is coming in that look, but lest you think I'm a complete non-romantic curmedgeon, the look is a consumation devoutly to be wished for.

No comments: